Friday, November 13, 2009

Real dishes instead of throwaway

Yesterday evening I attended a spaghetti dinner for Neighborhood Housing Services. As I was leaving, I double-checked to make sure I did have my extra plate, cup and silverware in my car. I now keep a plate under my passenger seat so I can use it at public functions where Styrofoam or other throwaway products are used. It is wrapped in plastic to protect it.

Turns out I didn't need it because there is a young man, Brendan, an employee with NHS, who is really fighting the use of Styrofoam and paper throw-away products. The group held their spaghetti dinner at a church and used the real dishes and the dishwasher.

Yeah!!!!

One curious thing I have noticed about these dinners is that even though people use the real plates, they put the dessert on paper or Styrofoam plates. I am not sure why. They already have the dishwasher going so why do they do this?

No comments: