Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Disposing of dog doo

Plastic does terrible things to the environment. It never biodegrades. I do use plastic, and I feel guilty if I don't re-use plastic bags. I even save the plastic bags that frozen vegetables come in, or new product are shipped in.

When I walk Prof. Cricket I bring these bags along and recycle them by using them to pick up her dog doo. My friend says I am very dedicated because I even bring the bag back home and dump the contents into the toilet instead of throwing it into a trash can which then sends it to the landfill to become mummified in plastic for thousands of years.

It is not good for the environment to leave dog doo out. (Read my earlier post.) But it is also not the best to send it to the landfill.

If you follow my lead on this, please be very careful that you don't get any leaves, grass or sticks into the toilet. And you have a greater risk of soiling your hands doing this...so please wash your hands very carefully.

No comments: