Monday, May 12, 2008

Can you be an environmentalist AND a tidy housekeeper?

I used to find it hard to be both an environmentalist and a clean, tidy housekeeper, but I am getting better.

It is so hard for me to throw away items that I think could be reused. The best way I have found to get around this is to do not bring "stuff" into the house in the first place. Maybe President Bush wouldn't agree with me, but I have cut down on shopping. If I don't bring it home, it can't clutter up my home or pollute the environment when I decided I don't need it anymore.

When I do shop, I try to keep the money going back into the local economy and have the least amount of environmental impact.

I am getting much better than I used to be. If a person is clean and organized in the first place it is so much easier to consume less and locate items you need. Two sites that have helped me get a handle on this are :
Flylady.net
Messies.com

No comments: