Sunday, January 15, 2012

GPS

Contribution by Stevie Kirby

My husband refuses to use a GPS. We got one a few years ago and I thought it was the coolest thing because it would save us so much time by keeping us from having to look up directions. We keep the GPS in my car because that is the car we use more frequently when we are going somewhere with our whole family. Whenever my husband is going to drive somewhere, he always looks up directions online. He says that he wants to use our clear Dallas internet to make sure that we have directions in case something happens to the GPS. However, once he gets in the car, he refuses to look at the GPS and only uses his written directions. I told him that he needs to trust modern technology because it is safer to use the GPS than trying to read a piece of paper while driving. His response was that the GPS does not always go the quickest way and that sometimes the GPS is incorrect. I do remember one time when we were going to a wedding and the GPS told us to turn on a road that did not exist and we ended up being late to the wedding. I still think it is safer to travel with a GPS than reading paper while driving. I guess it does not hurt to have a backup though.

No comments: